Finding my footing
Coupe: Gen1 (1996 -1999)
Engine: 2.0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F2 Evo central locking issue...

Post by Crofty123 »

Hi all,

I was just wondering, were all F2 Evo's meant to have remote central locking? I just got mine and it only has two keys and the little piece you plug into the dash to disable the immobiliser, but it looks like that's broken off a larger fob perhaps?

Also, the CL works fine from the drivers door, but if you unlock from the passenger door, the drivers door stays locked... would that be a faulty actuator on the passenger side? I was wondering on this, as the passenger window is also slightly temperamental it seems, so wondered if it may be a wiring issue or a bad switch instead, and also linked to the locking issue.

Thanks in advance for replies.

robbo
Club Supervisor
+_number: 0026

Re: F2 Evo central locking issue...

Post by robbo »

don't know for sure but i don't think unlocking the passenger door does auto unlock the drivers lock, haven't checked that on mine tbh.

Yes it should have remote central locking with a scorpion alarm, if the alarm stopped working then someone might have removed it, the little pencil thing for disabling the immobiliser is seperate to the alarm fob
My F2 Evo build
Member #0026: Never knowingly under polished
coupecrazyman
Advice star

Post by coupecrazyman »

:text-yeahthat: sounds like actuator fault ,,,,to start with,,,,then the fun begins.
As for windows I have no idea. If they work then some lube or get a replacement unit which is easy job. All the best :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Crofty123
Finding my footing
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Crofty123 »

Thanks all.